From "G.K.A. Sijpesteijn" <g.sijpeste...@emazing.nl>
Subject Using jsp tags in a custom tag.
Date Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:56:31 GMT
Hi,

 Is it possible to use jsp tags inside a custom tag? Let me clearify it
a little more.

I would like to do the following:

<%@ uri="mytaglib.tld" prefix="myprefix" %>
<%
    String myname = "Gijs";
%>

...html

<myprefix:person name="<%= myname %>" />

....more html

When I try this, myname does not get replaced with "Gijs", but instead
the complete string between the double quotes is used, eg <%= myname %>.

Does my taghandler need to implement/extend a special type of tag (or
derived tagclass) ? (Excuse my English, I'm not a native speaker.)
 Though I can get around it by adding a body content to my custom tag,
eg
    <myprefix:person><%= myname %></myprefix:person>
this is not really what I would like to do. Any help is very much
appreciated.

Thanks Gijs