From uill...@tin.it
Subject RE: opinion/ TAG
Date Thu, 24 Aug 2000 06:42:38 GMT
I prefer the second approach. IMHO is a pure issue of design, in the sense
that from the point of view of the perfomance I do not see great
differences between the two solutions.
XML requests towards other applications (as an example using SOAP) can be
complicated and even enriched from parameters that are not directly coming
from your form: at this point I find more logical to construct all in a
dedicated "component" outside the "context" of the page.

cheers
William

-----Original Message-----
From: Marco.Mistroni@nokia.com [mailto:Marco.Mistroni@nokia.com]
Sent: mercoledý 23 agosto 2000 11.46
To: taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: opinion/ TAG
Hi all
	i developed a JSP Custom tag for sending a request in XML format..
i explain below what i mean

i have a form with some parameters

let's say
<form>
<input type="text" name="name" />
[...]
i have a tag called
<marco:request />

the form, when submitted, point to the page itself (there is no action
specified)

if the parameter "
this <marco:request /> tag fetches the parameters of the request and build
an XML String out of that
like

<?xml version="1.0" ?>