From Marco.Mistr...@nokia.com
Subject RE: Is it a toolkit bug or what?
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:54:04 GMT
HI Mike,
	i tried, but it's not like that
xml files should begin with
<?xml

not
<? xml

the processor won't recognize them
anyway, it's still not clear to me why the XSL processor says

Input XSL; Line 2; Column 7
XSL Error: Could not parse Input XML document!
XSL Error: SAX Exception
There was a SAX Exception!
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: The XML declaration may only
appear
 at the very beginning of the document.
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.error(XSLTEngineImpl.java:1630)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngin
eImpl.java:852)
        at org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java,
Com

in my JSP there is ONLY one XML declaration...
can anyone give me a clue about what it's happening??

<%@ page import="java.util.*"  %>
<%   String xslfile=null;
        String format = request.getHeader("User-Agent");
        System.out.println("the user agent is " + format);
        if(format.startsWith("Nokia")) {
            response.setContentType("text/vnd.wap.wml");
            xslfile = "file:///c:\\marcodev\\provawml.xsl";
        } else {
            xslfile="file:///c:\\marcodev\\prova.xsl";
        }

         session.putValue("xslfile", xslfile);
 %>

<%@ taglib uri="http://www.nokia.com/marcotag" prefix="marco" %>

<marco:trialxmltag xsl="<%=xslfile%>">
<?xml version="1.0" ?>
<document>
   <scope></scope>
</document>
</marco:trialxmltag>My JSP is like that:

please help

thanx in advance & regards
	marco