From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Tutorial and SimpleTags taglib
Date Fri, 30 Jun 2000 15:58:32 GMT
Wong Kok Wai wrote:

> A quick question:
>
> How does this project and Struts tie together? Seems to me there are
> some overlap between the two projects.

Struts includes a particular tag library focused on form handling and
presentation for an MVC archtecture application, while Taglibs can
incorporate tag libraries for all sorts of purposes beyond this.  For
example, the SQL library in Taglibs would not be useful in a
Struts-based application (because you would do that sort of thing in an
Action class), while it is very useful for the "100% JSP" style of
application development.

Craig