From ru...@us.ibm.com
Subject Re: Do we really need to check in the jar files?
Date Tue, 28 Mar 2000 02:38:37 GMT

> Mandar's original set of tags were based on Tomcat 3.0 (and associated
> stuff).  To make sure he had a sane environment, he checked in the JARS
he
> was using at the time.

Makes sense. The first thing I will try to do is to reproduce his success
with 3.0.

> Now that it's an official project, I agree that we shouldn't need to do
the
> JARs, but we've got to be unambiguous about what versions of what are
> required.

Given the proximity to 3.1, I think it would be confusing to many to
deliver it this way.  If you can wait a few days, I would like to verify
that it not only works on 3.1, but also works with Linux and Win32 on both
JDK 1.1.8 and JDK 1.2.2.  I'll also try the latest CVS and released
versions of Xalan and Xerces.

> Please do start to play.  One of the holdups has been some permission
issues
> on CVS checkins.  I'd like to make sure that this works before we
announce.

I just successfully made a cosmetic change.  Seemed to work OK.

- Sam Ruby