jakarta-slide-user mailing list archives

From aslam bari <iamasla...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Setup Slide in Eclipse
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2006 04:21:19 GMT
Thanks Brice,

  I have successfully setup the slide/Tomcat bundle which you have told me. Then i made a
new tomcat project and add slide source to it, but it does not stop on the break point. Also
there is a exception comes, (Unavailable Exception) JDOMException class. Yet it is availble
in the slide as slie-jdom.1 jar. I think there is something wrong when i am integrating slide
source to project. Plz give me direction how to attach slide source to NewTomcatProject.

  Thanks..

Brice Giesbrecht <briceg@gmail.com> wrote:
  Hi Aslam. If your goal is to setup slide and have it run in a
container and debug it via Eclipse, I would recommend you download the
slide/tomcat bundle (2.1 server Tomcat 5 bundle) from
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/downloads/downloads_slide.cgi. Set it
up to run (outside of eclipse). AFTER you have verified your
installation works, setup eclipse to use your new tomcat installation.
If you are using the sysdeo plugin, it will be a snap.

Once that is done, download the slide source code. I have created a
separate project for slide source and just use it as the source for my
slide jars.

You can then set breakpoints in the slide source code.

IMPORTANT! Don't just start tomcat via the icon provided by the
sysdeo plugin! Create a debug launch profile. If you start tomcat
via the start button, your app will not be in debug mode and will
blast past any breakpoints you have set.

If there is an Eclipse guru on the list (which I am not), maybe they
can offer some suggestions or correct anything that I have said that
is wrong or misleading. I do have Slide running in tomcat out of
eclipse and I am able to debug slide.

HTH

-Brice