jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From "Miguel Figueiredo" <mfigueir...@maisis.pt>
Subject RE: deploying webdav adapter
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:13:00 GMT
Hello Johannes,

 You don't need Slide if you want to publish files via webdav. Apache HTTPd
and Apache Tomcat servers (can be)/(are) webdav-enabled. Slide only comes
usefull if you need things like database persistence, search and versioning
features for example.
 If you need Slide, and you want to use your adapted store instead of the
default one, you only need to create the jar file of your code and put it on
Slide's classpath. I would recommend option 1) or 3), but prefer 1) since
separates better what's yours and what's Slide.

Hope this helps,
Miguel Figueiredo

-----Original Message-----
From: Johannes Zillmann [mailto:JZ8_blue@yahoo.de]
Sent: terça-feira, 8 de Novembro de 2005 9:31
To: slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: deploying webdav adapter

Hello,
i've posted this already in the user list, but get no response.
May some of you could help me...

I want to make  a distributed file system(dfs)
accessable through webdav.
After looking at slide and and wck i'm struggeling a
little bit how deploy my webdav-dsf adapter.

Do i have to /Can i:
(1) deploy the slide.war through wck.deploy and put my
jar with the implementation of BasicWebdavStore into
the slide.war
(2) deploy the slide.war through wck.deploy and deploy
a second war with the implementation of
BasicWebdavStore
(3) deploy a war with my implementation of
BasicWebdavStore which contains some wck-,slide-jars
Whereat 3 would be my favourite.
So my question goes also about, if i have to deploy the full slide
application for using the webdav ?
I would be grateful for any help!

best regards
Johannes