jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From Honoré David <...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Lucene reindexer?
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:35:02 GMT
Eirikur Hrafnsson wrote:

> Hey Karl :)
> On 9.3.2005, at 01:58, karl@gan.no wrote:
>
>> Hi again Eirikur!
>>
>> Getting Lucene to store its index into a Slide store should very much be
>> doable as webdav is a filesystem. I think the key is the
>> org.apache.lucene.store.Directory class. Yake a look at
>> org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory and if you agree i think it
>> should be
>> possible to create a Directory class that writes and reads it's files
>> from
>> a webdav repository.
>> I did an experiment where i used Novell's Netdrive to mount a Slide
>> repository as a drive letter in Windows. Then i configured Lucene to use
>> that drive as its filesystem. It worked, but not very speedy :-(
>>
> Yes I had thought about that also and wondered if it could be fast
> enough.

It would be more efficient to store lucene index into slide BUT
implement org.apache.lucene.store.Directory via slide API (on the server
side) directly and not over and HTTP connection.
(Anyway the indexer is server side.)

note: Lucene juste need (Create => Write_only => Close) and (Open =>
Random_Read_only => Close). and delete Lucene never "modify" the "file",
but you need not to just implement org.apache.lucene.store.Directory
Interface but also a org.apache.lucene.store.InputStream,
org.apache.lucene.store.OutputStream, ... etc

I can find some time to work on this if someone think this is something
usefull.

But all of this doesn't help for re-index... : (

Honoré David