jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan L├╝tzkendorf <luetzkend...@apache.org>
Subject Perfomance observations
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:54:44 GMT
Hello folks,

while investigating slides performance with large collections I observed
that the default store parameter lock-cache-size is to small for the txfile store.

The cache size for nodes, revistion descriptors, etc is per default 10000, but
for locks it is 100. That means if you have all you nead for a request in the cache,
but not the locks you have to reread the xml resource descriptor anyhow.

I attach a picture that illustrates what i mean.

Is there any point against setting the default lock-cache-size to the same as
the other caches?
The only point I see is that this cache caches vectors that almost all empty.
I'll modify this, so that empty vectors are not cached.

Regards, Stefan