jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From Unger Richard <run...@camino.at>
Subject AW: [RootRoleImpl]
Date Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:01:40 GMT
Hi!

This is exactly what I have been working on. The new code is almost ready
for CVS.

Basically what I have implemented is a new Helper interface, the
SlideUserDatabase, which provides an API for creating, loading, saving and
deleting slide users, groups and roles.

In implementing this I have had to make some fairly deep changes. Roles are
no longer stored 'as the class' but in the class. The different Node classes
for the slide structure now represent the node type, for example SubjectNode
for users, GroupNode for groups, LinkNode for links, etc. All Nodes inherit
from ObjectNode, which implements the RoleContainer interface. ObjectNode
itself contains only the NOBODY role, and does not permit adding roles or
changing the role. Other node types can override the RoleContainer methods
to allow multiple roles and changing the roles, as SubjectNode (for users)
does.

Depending on your needs, the new system would allow you to use the
SlideUserDatabase API to modify the roles of a user or group, or the
RoleContainer system to create a new node type with special roles.

I will post the new code to this list early next week, if that is soon
enough...

Richie