jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Philippe Courson <cour...@noos.fr>
Subject Re: release 1.1 ?
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:46:34 GMT
Christopher Lenz wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I think this would be a good time to get v1.1.0 out of the door.
> I'd just like to get the jstl-taglib synced with the struts-taglib by adding the
> 2 missing tags. I'll do that this weekend.
>
> I haven't yet had sufficient time to look at the user-quota-support for
> inclusion (sorry Jean-Philippe :P), although I think the switch from 1.0 to 1.1
> would be better for the required minor API changes than a potential future
> switch from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.
>
> Remy, can you take on the release process, being as routined as you are with
> that ? :)

Hi Chris,

For me, inclusion of user-quota-support in particular doesn't matter,
but the ability to plug, configure and use smoothly Content-Interceptors
would be great.

I explain myself : Slide's Content-Interceptors concept is great but,
for now, not very usable ; you can't add parameters to them, they can't
throw any exceptions and they lack some methods (like
postRemoveContent).

I think that making these generic Content-Interceptors modifications
would be painless (I've already written them) and the patches are very
small and basic so they should not add bugs.

What is your opinion on this ?

Regards

JP

ps : for more informations on proposed modifications, please see
   http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg02876.html