jakarta-slide-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Harrop <ja...@xn.com.au>
Subject Bug 3935 - was Re: [VOTE] Slide 1.0 final
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2001 09:03:57 GMT
Hi Remy,

Here's a recipe which i suspect will work:

- set up say 10 threads each of which gets content (we're using the
JDBCDescriptor store with Oracle, and the FileContentStore), over and
over.  The content we've been doing this with is several hundred kb.

- while this is happening, store something in Slide - again, content of
several hundred kb.  perhaps 30% of the time, Slide will crash.

Note that Slide works fine for us unless there's a high load and at the
same time, writing content occurs.

Over the next few days, I'll try to write a simple class which
reproduces the problem - at present, we use a load testing tool to
produce the problem.

cheers,

Jason