jakarta-regexp-user mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Lippolis <fabrizio.lippo...@aurigainformatica.it>
Subject Re: regexp help
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2007 14:35:43 GMT
Arnaud Bourree ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> My 1st response should be why not used XSLT instead of Regex

The reason is that in the beginning I have to treat the XML as pure text
just as I receive it without modification. Using XSLT to me requires
performing a parsing which generates a DOM tree where lose original
formatting (there could be spaces between tags which are important to me).

> But if you percist on Regex:
> (?:<inner_tag>([^<]+)</inner_tag>\s*)+
>
> Could help you.

Thank you for your help, maybe I failed to explain the problem the right
way but this expression returns all the <inner_tag>s in a single group.
What I need is to get in one group is a single
<inner_tag>text</inner_tag> where the number of <inner_tag> is unknown
before. So I need as many groups as the number of <inner_tag>s.

Fabrizio