jakarta-regexp-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Sukhodolsky <...@ppson.spb.ru>
Subject Re: Is it time for 1.4?
Date Sun, 29 Feb 2004 06:33:38 GMT
Hi Vadim,

> Yes, its almost time :-) Can you review the patch attached to the 24234,
> can it be applied verbatim, or should some changes be done to it?

I've found some problems with suggested fix:
It has some problems with handling escaped \, e.g. it's impossible to
write string so it produces one \ followed by some back-referenced part
(i.e. "\\\$0" will produce "\\<some_text>", not "\<some text>"
Also the patch introduces incompatibility.
To fix these problems I've added new REPLACE_WITH_ESCAPES constant and
rewritten subst() so it consistently handles escaped characters (also
I've refactored subst() a little).

So, now is your turn to review the fix ;)

Unified diffs are attached.

With best regards, Oleg.