jakarta-regexp-dev mailing list archives

From robert burrell donkin <rdon...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Archive All Old RegExp releases
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2003 20:24:51 GMT
the apache software foundation policy concerning releases is now that all
releases should be available only through:

1. the main mirrored ASF distribution directories
2. the main ASF archives

the latest 1.3 release is available through the mirrors but the older
releases are still available through the older unmirrored directories.

my proposal is that the older releases (under jakarta.apache.org/builds/)
be moved into the ASF archives (where they will remain available for
download) and that all requests be redirected to the main jakarta binary
download page where the latest release can be download or the link to the
archives can be followed.

(unless someone else steps forward) i'll volunteer to carry out this work.
  (unless someone corrects me) i'll assume that the decision will proceed
by lazy consensus. (unless someone forces a vote before then) i'll carry
out this work sometime after 12 noon GMT monday (8th september).

- robert