jakarta-regexp-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-regexp/build build-regexp.sh build-regexp.xml run-tests.sh
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 06:30:37 GMT
Michael McCallum <michael@spinsoftware.com> wrote:

> On 10 Apr 2001, at 17:58, Jon Stevens wrote:
>
>> on 4/10/01 4:28 AM, "gholam@apache.org" <gholam@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> > -    <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>
>> > +    <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
>>
>> What you should do is remove this entirely and use Ant 1.3 which
>> will set it for you.
> Definitely should move to ant 1.3.
>
> How does it set it for me?

It doesn't.  It will chose classic vs. modern by itself (and so did
any version since mid May 2000).

But right now - without Jon's advice to import user properties before
that line - the build is going to fail for people without jikes.

I'd rather not set build.compiler in the project's build file at all
and set it to jikes in my personal properties file or ~/.antrc.

Cheers
        Stefan