jakarta-regexp-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCallum" <mich...@spinsoftware.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-regexp/build build-regexp.sh build-regexp.xml run-tests.sh
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2001 01:52:03 GMT

On 10 Apr 2001, at 17:58, Jon Stevens wrote:

> on 4/10/01 4:28 AM, "gholam@apache.org" <gholam@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > -    <property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>
> > +    <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
>
> What you should do is remove this entirely and use Ant 1.3 which will set it
> for you.
Definitely should move to ant 1.3.

How does it set it for me?
Quoting from that ant 1.3 docs...
<quote>
It is possible to use different compilers. This can be selected with the "build.compiler"
property. There are     four choices

For JDK 1.1/1.2, classic is the default. For JDK 1.3, modern is the default.
</quote>

But the best solution would be to set it in the property file below for me and leave the default
to whatever ant chooses.

> Also, you should add lines like this:
>
>     <!-- Give user a chance to override without editing this file
>          (and without typing -D each time they invoke a target) -->
>     <property file="${user.home}/.ant.properties" />
>     <property file=".ant.properties" />
>
> To the top of the file. That will allow people to override the settings as
> needed.
I did but with ${user.home}/.jakarta-regexp.properties. No check that I thought I had but
does not seem to be in the commit. hmm.