jakarta-regexp-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCallum" <mich...@spinsoftware.com>
Subject [Proposal] OO approach to the regexp.
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2001 21:20:02 GMT
Sorry am a bit quiet at the moment.
Having to work long hours at the moment.

should be back into it 2nd week april.

The code of the RE stuff seems to procedural for my tastes.
I propose a more OO approach.

So instead of having a program that is made of an array of character nodes use java objects

instead.

This allows for one to instantiate re compilers/matchers from a factory with varying functionality.

Im not sure what the overhead would be like but I am thinking that most of it would be in
the
compiling. Plus is will probably be a little larger. But on the whole the re programs are
not very
large.

Any comments.