jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Problem with Perl5Substitution
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 01:42:17 GMT

In message <200305080134.h481Y9lh003607@gandalf.savarese.org>, "Daniel F. Savar
ese" writes:
>In message <000001c314cf$d77c9e00$2a00a8c0@htsony>, "ravi" writes:
>>me "let $&hope he $&do the best". i.e. It's just replacing the match
>>string with $& instead of inserting a blank space before it...
>
>Use $0 instead of $&.

Actually, scratch that.  $& works; Murphy made that addition for
version 2.0.6.  Make sure you're using that version or later.  The
behavior of Perl5Substitution(sub) is the same as
Perl5Substitution(sub, Perl5Substitution.INTERPOLATE_ALL), so there's
no error in your code that I can see.  I tested your substitution
with the substituteExample example program and it worked.

daniel