jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Kumar, Vasanth" <Vasan...@InterWorld.com>
Subject Infinite Loop or Just taking too long ?
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2003 21:56:21 GMT

We use ORO in our application for to provide regular expression capability.  One of our users
had created an email validation expression as follows:

As you can see, this is inefficient and can be simplified to (at least) the following:

However, the original expression seems to hang ORO when given a long, invalid, email.
(Though I must admit I don't know whether it is hanging or just taking a really long time.)

An example of an email that seems to slow it down/hang is:

Note that valid emails are evaluated successfully (i.e. abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890@yahoo.com
doesn't hang ORO).

I am enclosing my test case as well.

This seems to be an issue in the latest version - 2.0.7.

View raw message