jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Steve Holt" <sh...@tiasystems.com>
Subject RE: ORO version conflicts
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:02:30 GMT
Daniel

Thank-you, I will look into Vector.

>However, there is something wrong here.  The fact that WebLogic and JRun
>happen to use jakarta-oro somewhere internally does not mean that the
>library is there to be used by services hosted inside of the engines
>(which I'll generically refer to as servlets).  In other words, jakarta-oro
>is not part of their exported APIs.  You should provide your own version
>of all libraries your application depends upon and bundle them appropriately
>in your WEB-INF/lib or WEB-INF/classes directories.  Don't rely on
>libraries that the service container just happens to use.

Sadly in both WebLogic and JRun these libraries appear take priority. In fact I had no idea
either had ORO installed and I dropped the ORO jar into the WEB-INF/lib as usual as you say.
In both cases they just used their own copies. In the case of Jrun the classes are buried
in jrun.jar which sounds a bit important but since this is the 'good' version not too much
of a problem. In WebLogic ORO is present as a stand-alone 2.0.1 jar in an ant directory under
the server lib. I know in earlier versions of WebLogic there was a way to push your own jar
to the front, but I hoped to avoid such trickery.

Steve