jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: group(i) returning null for nested group
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 03:44:28 GMT

In message <18458.1046039153@www52.gmx.net>, victor.volle@gmxpro.net writes:
>Why is the 4th line: "4: null" and not "4: C" as I would have expected?

You have managed to identify a bug of the very worst kind that has been
hiding in the code for much too long.  I just fixed it (deleted 3 characters
and added 2; it's amazing what a great effect so little code can have).
You can check out the latest source from CVS and compile it to get the
fix.  I want to get a start on a decent battery of tests before proposing
a vote for a next release.  Although visual inspection of the code makes
it pretty clear my change shouldn't break anything else, I don't think
we can get by much longer without decent regression tests.  I'll dig
through my archives to see if I can find the old OROMatcher tests and
adapt/update them.

daniel