jakarta-oro-user mailing list archives

From "Tracy Spiva" <tsp...@dssolutions.com>
Subject Problem with substitution that works in perl
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2001 18:16:53 GMT
I'm having a problem with a substitution that works in perl, but not in oro
that I hope you can help me with.

Many web sites use the character 0x92 as an ' for whatever reason.  I'm
trying to convert that character to a ' like most people would use.
However, the search and substitution fail for this character (ie... using
substitute("s/\\x92/'/); or the contains with \\x92).  With perl, the
substitution works fine.  Is there something I can do to get it to work with
ORO?

Here is the snippet that does the work I want.

    // Some sites use a character 0x92 for the ' character.  We
    // need to convert it to the ' for processing
    Perl5Util perl5util = new Perl5Util();
    src = perl5util.substitute("s/\\x92/'/g", src);

Any help would be appreciated.
Tracy