jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark F. Murphy" <ma...@tyrell.com>
Subject Re: expression bundle
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:24:52 GMT
At 2:58 PM -0400 4/11/06, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
>In message <p0623093cc05974e4a6fb@[10.0.1.2]>, "Mark F. Murphy" writes:
>>However, for some difficult regex's, there might need to be some
>>support methods in order to make them readily usable.
>
>Well, I suggest that if you have the motivation, cook something up and
>submit it.  Adding a collection of useful regular expressions/parsing
>functions with support classes for common tasks may breathe some new
>life into the project.  I don't think it would conflict with anything
>already going on in Commons.  Also, it's been suggested to move
>Commons Lang out of Commons and to move ORO into Commons Lang.  The
>addition you've suggested seems like a good fit either way.

OK.

I have a CSVIterator class I just wrote which used the my csv regex.
It basically takes a single line string in the constructor and allows
one to get the next field as needed.  There's also a helper method to
simply convert the iterator into a List:

List csvList = new CSVIterator(line).toList();

All we need to do is figure out how we'd like to package this stuff.

Should we have a different package name for the bundle?  What should
it be called?  Should we do a peer review process first?  Etc.

Also, I've got my RFC822 matcher which I could dust off and make
useful.  I'd have to figure out the best way to utilize it in a
helper class.

Lastly, it might be nice to put out a call for any additional regex
helpers.  I'm we've all written a few in the past.

I think I've got a US Address regex I wrote long time ago.  Though it
might be a bit too specific... but I think the US Post Office
publishes valid address formats.

mark