jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] ORO 2.0.8 maintenance release
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 03:46:52 GMT

In message <p06020462bc0e9f9c189e@[10.0.1.4]>, "Mark F. Murphy" writes:
>+1
>
>I forgot the outcome of whether I was approved for official
>voting.... or is this not a vote for the dev team?

Jakarta is in a bit of a sorting out phase trying to ensure it conforms
with ASF requirements.  The PMC must approve all releases.  So your
vote is a non-binding vote.  I'm cc'ing to the PMC so that your
vote will be seen as evidence of community support for the release.
I lost all momentum from our August discussion and didn't follow
through on calling a release vote and a new committer vote.  Right now
I'm trying to capitalize on the window of free time presented by
Christmas and New Years.  Following this vote, I want to propose
moving ORO to Apache Commons, and then handling the vote there for
making you and Takashi committers.  That is, unless I'm the only one
who thinks that makes any sense, in which case I'll defer to the
community.

daniel