jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: jakarta-oro dilemma
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 07:45:40 GMT
On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Daniel F. Savarese <dfs@savarese.org> wrote:

> 1. PMC evaluates situation and votes in two committers, restoring
> the necessary quorum.

I'm with Costin.  If those two contributors have your and Jon's +1,
they probably deserve to become committers.

> In this case, I'd request to be added to/voted onto the PMC because
> I'm a former PMC member and someone from the project should be
> around to initiate votes.

+1 for you coming back anyway.

> 3. Project is opened up to all Jakarta committers and those
> interested subscribe to dev mailing list and participate in votes.

+0, as well as to the idea to merge with jakarta-regexp or move to
commons.  It should be the decision of the communities (ORO's and
regexp's, if the later really exists) what they want to do with the
project.  Whichever route you take, I'm sure the PMC will support you.

> Specifically, we've been wanting to vote on
> Takashi Okamoto <tokamoto at rd.nttdata.co.jp> and
> Mark Murphy <markm at tyrell.com>
> as committers, because of the significant code contributions they
> have made and their continued active participation in development
> discussions.

I assume their contributions are even more than what you mention in
<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-oro/CONTRIBUTORS?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup>.
I find both of them in a couple of commit logs and Mark is almost the
only one posting to oro-dev lately 8-)

+1 from me.

Stefan