jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: jakarta-oro dilemma
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 20:57:22 GMT
On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 02:01:37PM -0400, Daniel F. Savarese wrote:
>   2. PMC takes over voting responsibility for releases, which I believe
>      is the long term goal for all Jakarta projects.  In this case, I'd

The PMC is responsible for the releases no matter what you might tell
yourselves otherwise :-). Thus, the PMC *should* be voting on whether to
release (or not).

As a corollary, the PMC needs to be comprised of people who understand the
issues and can make a proper vote on the release. That usually means that
all active (oro) committers are part of the PMC.

>      request to be added to/voted onto the PMC because I'm a former PMC
>      member and someone from the project should be around to initiate
>      votes.

As an active committer within Jakarta, you *already* should be on the PMC.
If you are not, then the PMC is not properly structured and needs to be
corrected.

> As a side note, the project has been hindered by its advanced
> stage of development when initially imported as a Jakarta project
> (no itches to scratch), initial reluctance to vote in committers
> because of SVN always being on the horizon and my (mis)perception that

You can move into SVN at any time. It is set up and available. It only needs
people to feel like shifting over their projects.

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/