jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark F. Murphy" <ma...@tyrell.com>
Subject Variable Substitution
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:20:14 GMT

So,

I'm not sure if I understand exactly how this request would be implemented.

Variable substitution in perl works hand in hand with perl's variable
name space... something where there's not an equivalent in java.

Does anyone see a way in which this might be useful?

What would be the starting point where the variable would reside
(i.e., the root)?

In perl, there's a scope that any given called API knows about... and
a way to even start at a namespace as the root.

There's no exposure in Java to access the stack calls (that I'm aware
of).... and I'm not even sure one would want to assume starting at
the calling object as the root.

I can't think of a practical way to do this... though I do like the
concept.... just don't think it translates well in Java.

mark