jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Bert van Brakel <b...@aeldirect.com>
Subject mavenisation of oro
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2003 02:02:09 GMT

Hi folks.

I've converted oro to use the maven build system. You guys interested?

It will involve moving a few directories around to make it in line with
maven guidelines.

It will also complete the task of updating the ant build file to be in
line with the latest jakarta standards (mentioned somewhere in  cvs)

For those of you who haven't used maven, maven is a project build system
which downloads dependencies, runs the the unit tests, creates project
documentation, code metrics rah rah...Using it is similiar to ant with
goals~=targets but does a heap more. Maven can also auto generate an ant
build script so all your ant users won't be left out.see
http://maven.apache.org/

I'm using oro for a jakarta project and it would be nice if it could
also use maven.

Let me know and I'll email the maven project file and the changes
required.

Cheers,
-Bert