jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From BMadi...@wdimail.com
Subject AwkStreamInput
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:45:08 GMT
Hi. I have been having a problem with the contains(AwkStreamInput input,
Pattern pattern) method in AwkMatcher.
It appears that MatchResult.beginOffset(int group)  returns the number of
characters read during the call to contains, not the
offset of the match from the beginning of the Reader's stream. So if I call
skip() on the Reader, and then call contains( ), I am getting back a match
offset from the current position in the Reader's stream, not the offset
from the beginning.
Is this the correct behavior? It is not as I would expect from what the api
docs say.
Thanks,

Brian Madigan
Web Den Interactive
200 Fairway Drive, Unit 184, Vernon Hills, IL 60061
P: 847-970-6826  F:  847-970-6869  C: 847-962-0858
www.webdeninteractive.com