jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Qusetion
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2002 20:34:06 GMT

In message <Pine.SGI.4.21.0201230722470.3473041-100000@the-gimp>, Dave writes:

>Hardeep Singh wrote:
>> Setting to ISO-LATIN-1throws the UnsupportedEncodingException
>
>Maybe try "8859_1" in place of "ISO-LATIN-1"

I finally got around to running several tests today.  I wrote a test
program and searched various binary files with several different regular
expressions.  The default encoding worked, US-ASCII resulted in the
described index out of bounds exceptions, but ISO-8859-1 was fine.  US-ASCII
is a 7-bit character set, so there's probably some issue there.  But
ISO-8859-1 is 8-bit.  I had no problems running matches against jar files,
executables, mp3's, or jpg's.  So if you're still having problems, please
post some sample code and input where I or someone else can download it
and try it out.

I've attached my test program.  Should I add it to the awk examples in CVS?

daniel