jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Rachow <mrac...@beracom.de>
Subject AW: JDK 1.4 java.util.regex is a disappointment
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 08:45:51 GMT

I've searched through the Java Community Process(es)
to find a JCP that is related to the regex API
of JDK1.4 /J2SE1.4 "Merlin".

But have not found anything.
This would be an "official" way to affect
how the API is done.

Michael

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Daniel F. Savarese [mailto:dfs@savarese.org]
Gesendet: Samstag, 2. Juni 2001 00:17
An: oro-dev@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: JDK 1.4 java.util.regex is a disappointment

I just downloaded the JDK 1.4 early access beta release.  The
APIs in the java.util.regex package are, I'm sorry to say, poorly
designed.  I'm commenting strictly on the classes and their method
signatures, not the performance of the implementation.  Unfortunately,
it will become the new standard.  I predict it gets deprecated and
redesigned for JDK 1.5 ...

daniel