jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Takashi Okamoto <toran...@kun.ne.jp>
Subject Re: upcoming work
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 02:42:19 GMT
daniel said:
> I've found myself with more free time, so I'm going to put together
> a list of features that need to be implemented on the road to Perl
> 5.6 compatibility for the org.apache.oro.text.regex package as well
> as other items such as unit tests (didn't someone volunteer to
> develop some?), a user manual (I can provide the old OROMatcher 1.0
> guide as a starting point), updated web pages with project
> status/progress reports, etc.  Then it's ask for volunteers and
> divvy up the work :)

I heard that JDK1.4 have a regular expression API. This information
may be heard in JavaOne:

[Regular Expression API Talk in JavaOne]
http://servlet.java.sun.com/javaone/conf/bofs/2468/72695-sf2001.jsp

I think that ORO should have compatibility with it if we could do it,
though I don't know detail about JDK1.4...

One more things, Jakarta-Regexp have CharacterIterator interface.
It's convenience to process stream. For example:

      RE re = new RE("[\\w\\-]+@[\\w\\.]+");
      CharacterIterator input = new StreamCharacterIterator(
				      new FileInputStream(fileName));
      int cnt=0;
      while(re.match(input,cnt)){
	  System.out.println("e-mail="+re.getParen(0));
	  cnt = re.getParenEnd(0);
      }

I can't find such a function at ORO. I think that following lines in
CHANGELOG may relate:
--
o Perl5StreamInput and methods manipulating Perl5StreamInput have been
  removed.  For the technical reasons behind this decision see

But I don't have ACM. Why Perl5StreamInput was removed?

I can help other than documentation (I'm not good at English), if I
would find my interest and I can do it.

Regards.
Takashi Okamoto