jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Daniel F. Savarese" <...@savarese.org>
Subject Re: Recent Patch...
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 22:32:10 GMT

>I just sent off the patch for the new Upper and Lower case perl substitutions.


>I also tried to gain some performance by not making many instances of 
>Strings (as was used in the previous approach).
>Instead, I keep offset/count pairs in the Vector.
>Ideally, I really wanted to just keep my own int[] to save memory and 
>less object creation... growing the int[] as required past initial 
>capacity.  Doing so would use scalars and not objects... and would be 
>less overhead.

Since you've made the switch to offset/count pairs, I think you've
made the Vector vs. ArrayList point moot.  I'll go over the patch
and probably make the change you just suggested after applying it
unless you want to take the time to do it and resubmit.  Assuming
you reuse a substitution, the use of Integer wrappers in _parseSubs
doesn't kill you because it's a one time cost, but it really gets you
in _calcSub, which up until now has been a less than ideal


View raw message