jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Lipofsky <dlipof...@kurion.com>
Subject bug with CP1252 characters and Perl5Matcher
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 20:59:22 GMT
Special characters in the CP1252 character set (but not in ISO Latin-1)
cause a ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException deep within Perl5Matcher.  The
problem occurs if I use "[^.]*\." as the pattern but not if I use
"Test" as the pattern.  The characters are fancy forms of apostrophe
and double-quotes (decimal 146, 147, and 148).  Use IE 5 to view the
test files to see what they look like.  I am running Jakarta ORO 2.0,
JDK 1.2.2, WinNT 4.0sp5.

Code and test files are attached.  Thanks
- Dan