jakarta-oro-dev mailing list archives

From "D'souza, Allwyn" <allwyn.dso...@erm.ie>
Subject Problems configuring tomcat ..
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:26:03 GMT
Hi,

There are two problems that i face presently.
Firstly, i have my own set of classes which i want tomcat to pick at
runtime. I tried adding their path in wrapper.properties and
tomcat.properties. I make a call to one of the  java bean classes in a jsp
file. However, it gives an error saying that it cannot find the given class
file. I have my jsp's stored in
"/usr/local/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b7/webapps/books/jsp" and my java
beans stored in
"/usr/local/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b7/webapps/books/javas/beans". The
classpath in the property files is set till
"/usr/local/tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2-b7/webapps/books/javas".

Secondly, in my present configuration, i'm able to execute only jsp file. It
works perfectly well. However, when i try executing servlets, it opens up
the file directly in the browser instead of executing it. Is there anything
i need to add in the "tomcat.conf" file.

What could be the problem in both the cases, can you please let me know
ASAP.

Thanks ..

Regds,
Allwyn

> Allwyn D'souza
> Pioneer Investment Management Limited
> 3 Custom House Plaza
> IFSC
> Dublin 1
> Ireland
> Tel: +353 1 636 4571 (direct)
> Fax: +353 1 636 4600
> Mobile: +353 863178264
>
> Email: d_allwyn@hotmail.com (personal)
>             allwyn.dsouza@erm.ie (company)

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally
privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to who
it is addressed and others explicitly authorised to receive it.  If you have
received this e-mail in error, please destroy it and delete it from your computer.
Any disclosure, copying or distribution of the information is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. No responsibility can be accepted to any end users for any
action taken on the basis of the information.