jakarta-jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "MCMURTRIE, Dion" <Dion.McMURT...@suncorp.com.au>
Subject RE: Problems with proxy server and redirection
Date Fri, 02 Aug 2002 01:30:03 GMT
Sorry I should have mentioned that. I downloaded from
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/release/v1.7/ApacheJMeter_1.
7.zip
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/release/v1.7/ApacheJMeter_1
.7.zip>  but when I click Help->About Apache JMeter it identifies itself as
Apache JMeter Version1.7Beta3. There was a
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/release/v1.7/ApacheJMeter_1.
7Beta3.zip
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-jmeter/release/v1.7/ApacheJMeter_1
.7Beta3.zip> , but that was not the one that I downloaded...not sure why it
says that it is Apache JMeter Version1.7Beta3.

The really odd thing is that up to yesterday afternoon I could not get it to
work. I ran it this morning before sending this email, and it now works. I
can't explain it. Perhaps some environmental changes that I am unaware of to
do with our proxy and firewalls? Historically what was it that caused the
redirection errors in JMeter?

On the proxy authentication thing, I just created a class I called
ProxyAuthenticator (see attached) that subclassed java.net.Authenticator.
Then I modified (the benefit of opensource products) the class that the
jmeter.bat file was running (may/may not have been the right place, but I
just wanted to see it work) org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver so that it
constructed an instance of my ProxyAuthenticator class and then called set
it as the default authenticator. See the attached modified NewDriver file
for exact implementation. Finally I modified jmeter.bat to pass in my values
as system properties because it was the easiest thing to do at the time. All
are attached if you want to have a look.

If it is true that there is no mechanism for Proxy Authentication in JMeter
(I'll take your word for it since I see you wrote the NewDriver class) it
would be a really good feature to add. Most big corporations (and even
smaller ones) have environments where it is necessary to sidestep firewalls
and proxy servers. For us there is a firewall and proxy between us and our
development and testing regions.

BTW thanks for the fast response...

 <<jmeter.bat>>  <<NewDriver.java>>  <<ProxyAuthenticator.java>>