jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan Riis" <...@lakeside.dk>
Subject SV: Contribution?
Date Sat, 06 Oct 2007 11:45:22 GMT
Hi Thomasz

The code is dual licensed open source already (CPL and LGPL). If the plugin
is transfered, we will re-license it. The code for the plugin can be found
here:

http://svn.softwareborsen.dk/sosi/trunk/modules/maven-jmeter-report-plugin/

It is *not* polished, documented etc. so there is still work to do.

Here is a snippet from the pom, where the plugin is configured:

============================
 	<reporting>
    	<plugins>
			<plugin>
		        <groupId>dk.sosi.seal.maven.plugins</groupId>
		        <artifactId>maven-jmeter-report-plugin</artifactId>
				<reportSets>
					<reportSet>
						<id>scalability</id>
						<configuration>
				        	<report>

<id>scalability</id>

<title>JMeter Scalability Report</title>

<outputName>jmeter-scalability-report</outputName>

<description><![CDATA[
			The SOSI Project uses Jakarta JMeter to record
responsetimes of the Seal common library.
			The scalability test suite loops over SOSIFactory
methods, calling each in parallel,
			while ramping up the concurrent number of threads
from 1 through 32 over a period of 660 seconds (11 minutes).]]>

</description>

<jtlfilepath>${basedir}/target/jmeter-scalability-test.jtl</jtlfilepath>

<responsetimedivider>10</responsetimedivider>

<averageduration>20000</averageduration>

<showgc>false</showgc>

<showdetails>false</showdetails>

<showhistogram>false</showhistogram>

<showinfotable>false</showinfotable>

<showtimeinfo>false</showtimeinfo>

<showpercentile>false</showpercentile>

<showaverage>false</showaverage>
				        	</report>
						</configuration>
						<reports>

<report>report</report>
						</reports>
					</reportSet>
					<reportSet>
						<id>endurance</id>
						<configuration>
				        	<report>

<id>endurance</id>

<title>JMeter Endurance Report</title>

<outputName>jmeter-endurance-report</outputName>

<description><![CDATA[
			The SOSI Project uses the -Xloggc JDK facility to
record simple memory usage for the seal component, while being exercised by
JMeter and
			JUnit. The endurance test suite loops over
SOSIFactory methods, calling each in parallel from 10 threads for many
iterations per thread
			(millions of method calls). In reality this
corresponds to "compressing time" and observing how the library acts after
weeks or months of usage.
			The graph below contains time spent in seconds on
the x-axis, and kbytes allocated on the heap on the y-axis, with the
following legend:
			* The yellow line denotes the total number of kbytes
allocated for the VM.
			* The green line is the number of bytes used before
garbage collection at a given time instant
			* The blue line is the number of bytes used after
garbage collection at a given time instant]]>

</description>

<jtlfilepath>${basedir}/target/jmeter-endurance-test.jtl</jtlfilepath>

<gcfilepath>${basedir}/target/gc.txt</gcfilepath>

<responsetimedivider>10</responsetimedivider>

<averageduration>60000</averageduration>

<showgc>true</showgc>

<showhistogram>false</showhistogram>

<showdetails>false</showdetails>

<showinfotable>false</showinfotable>
				        	</report>
						</configuration>
						<reports>

<report>report</report>
						</reports>
					</reportSet>
					<reportSet>
						<id>response</id>
						<configuration>
				        	<report>

<id>response</id>

<title>JMeter Response Report</title>

<outputName>jmeter-response-report</outputName>

<description><![CDATA[This is a detailed report showing info on specific
request types.<br>
								The data is
from the endurancetest.]]>

</description>

<jtlfilepath>${basedir}/target/jmeter-endurance-test.jtl</jtlfilepath>

<responsetimedivider>10</responsetimedivider>

<averageduration>60000</averageduration>

<showdetails>true</showdetails>

<showsummary>true</showsummary>

<showinfotable>true</showinfotable>

<showsummarycharts>false</showsummarycharts>

<showhistogram>true</showhistogram>

<showgc>false</showgc>
				        	</report>
						</configuration>