jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From "Jan Riis" <...@lakeside.dk>
Subject Contribution?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2007 22:34:50 GMT
Hi JMeter developers

For the last year or so, we have been working on a simple
load/scalability/endurance test plugin for Maven based on JMeter. It is very
easy to use and produces very powerfull reports - at least for our library.

It is essentially a Maven plugin (or could become one) that runs JMeter and
postprocesses the logs to generate nice HTML graphs using JFreeChart. Have a
look here:

http://www.sosi.dk/sosi/seal/jmeter-scalability-report.html
http://www.sosi.dk/sosi/seal/jmeter-endurance-report.html
http://www.sosi.dk/sosi/seal/jmeter-response-report.html

(Please bear over with some of the disturbances in the graphs. We have just
moved the build to a new server where there are some parallel processes
running over the night)

The reports are made as part of our nightly build (using CruiseControl maven
and JFreeChart). The setup is more or less a simple "profile" over JMeter,
where you simply point out a set of unit tests that you want to
performancetest focusing on a few important aspects (responsetime,
scalability and endurance/leakage). Simple but powerfull and I suppose it
could be beneficial for many projects, not just ours.

The questions are:
1) Is this a possible contribution?
2) If so, is it a contribution to JMeter or Maven?
3) If you're interested, how do we get going (we have never contributed to
an Open Source project before, so please help us :-} )

We are willing to invest manpower in this, if you are interested.

Kind regards
Jan Riis

Lakeside A/S	 +45 2160 7252
Åbogade 15	 jri@lakeside.dk