jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-jmeter Wiki] Update of "DeveloperManual/TestBeanTutorial" by Mikko Ohtamaa
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:00:56 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-jmeter Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Mikko Ohtamaa:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/DeveloperManual/TestBeanTutorial

The comment on the change is:
Ooops... my mistake. The phenomenom was a side effect of another bug

   1. CSVDataSet.java must implement the TestBean interface.  In addition, it will extend
ConfigTestElement, and implement LoopIterationListener.
    * TestBean is a marker interface, so there are no methods to implement.
    * Extending ConfigTestElement will make our component a Config element in a test plan.
 By  extending different abstract classes, you can control the type of element your component
will  be (ie AbstractSampler, AbstractVisualizer, GenericController, etc - though you can
also make different types of elements just by instantiating the right interfaces, the abstract
classes can make your life easier).
-   * TestBean should never inherit from another TestBean. This causes JavaBean initialization
fail for the parent test bean. BeanInfo constructor for the parent is never run (JMeter 2.1.x
branch).
   1. CSVDataSetBeanInfo.java should extend org.apache.jmeter.testbeans.BeanInfoSupport create
a zero-parameter constructor in which we call super(CSVDataSet.class); we'll come back to
this.
   1. CSVDataSetResources.properties - blank for now
   1. Implement your special logic for you plugin class.