jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-jmeter Wiki] Update of "BuildingPlugInWithEclipse" by Mikko Ohtamaa
Date Wed, 09 Aug 2006 11:22:43 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-jmeter Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by Mikko Ohtamaa:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/BuildingPlugInWithEclipse

  = Building JMeter plug-in with Eclipse =

- Targetted to Eclipse 3.1 and JMeter 2.1 trunk version. JMeter isn't designed to be started/compiled
from Eclipse IDE, so some work has to be done before we get wheels running.
+ Targetted to Eclipse 3.1 and JMeter 2.1 trunk version. JMeter isn't designed to be edited
from Eclipse IDE, so some work has to be done before we get wheels running.

  1. Check out JMeter trunk from Subversion
-   * Get Subclipse plug-in for Eclipse
+   * Get Subclipse plug-in for Eclipse http://subclipse.tigris.org/
    * Check out http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/jmeter/trunk as jmeter-trunk Java
project

  2. Set up jmeter-trunk project
-   * Let Eclipse internal compiler handle the building of JMeter
+   * Let Eclipse internal compiler handle the building of JMeter, instead of relying on JMeter's
own Ant build files. When Eclipse handles building, development work goes more smoothly.
    * Source build paths:
  		* src/protocol/ftp
  		* test/src
@@ -35, +35 @@

     * Add libraries
              * All jar files under lib/ folder

-    * To make logging to Eclipse console work, you need to comment out some code. Read more
notes about this below. Class is org.apacha.jmeter.jorphan.logging.LoggingManager
+    * To make log4j logging to Eclipse console work, you need to comment out some code. Read
more notes about this below. Class is org.apacha.jmeter.jorphan.logging.LoggingManager

  {{{
  	public static void initializeLogging(Properties properties) {
@@ -75, +75 @@

  {{{
  # JMeter uses case sensitive string matching to test these paths against class path.
  # This is very bad since paths must be *exactly* here as they appear in Java classpath.
- # Hopefully this will be fixed in the future versions. Note Windows needs to escape \ character.
+ # Hopefully this will be fixed in the future versions. Note Windows needs to escape \ character
as \\.

  # Add JMeter output folder and our plug-in output folder to paths from which
  # plug-ins are searched
@@ -99, +99 @@

  4. Setting up a JMeter launcher
     * Set working directory to bin/ in your project
         * JMeter is hard coded to look up ''jmeter.properties'' in the launch folder
+        * E.g. ${workspace_loc:SIPPerformanceStresser/bin}
     * Copy lib/ from jmeter-trunk to your plug-in project root
         * JMeter is hard coded to look up jars from ../lib
+    * Main class: org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver
+    *

- 5. Also, you might want to modify class

  == Notes ==
@@ -131, +133 @@

  	at org.apache.jmeter.NewDriver.main(NewDriver.java:161)
  }}}

- My head was already hurting so badly that I didn't want to debug the problem further. The
JMeter logging code had several deprecated non-func histroric layers confusing poor debuggers.
+ My head was already hurting so badly that I didn't want to debug the problem further. The
JMeter logging code had several deprecated non-func historic layers confusing poor debuggers.