jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Jordi Salvat i Alabart <jsalv...@atg.com>
Subject Source dist build
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 09:04:54 GMT
Hi Mike. Hi everyone.

"./build.sh src_dist" has some problems (in addition to the one I
described in my previous message). Enumerating them here for discussion:

- The src distribution needs to be unpacked on top of the binary
distribution -- otherwise the libraries in lib/ will be missing. Do you
think they should be in both packages?

- log4j.conf is missing form bin/. This doesn't seem to break any tests
-- are they needed?

- bin/testfiles/ is missing -- this is required for tests to work.

- lib/ant-...jar and lib/ant-...-optional.jar are missing. They
should be in the source package.

- build.sh lacks the necessary execute permissions. I should add these.

- There's no way to build binary and source distributions in a single
shot -- you need to build one, extract the results, then build the
other. I should fix this.

I can fix all these without need to re-issue the binary distribution. Or
we can generate a source distribution by hand (by packing up the
checked-out CVS content) and sort these out later: for 1.9.1 if Mike
decides to issue it for the Japanese stuff, or for 1.10. It's also
possible that we need to issue a 1.9.1 anyway to sort out the unit test
problem from my previous e-mail. Your opinion welcome.

For 1.10, we could try to move to Maven for building. Seems to be pretty
much the standard chez Jakarta. Anyone has experience with it?

--
Salut,

Jordi.