jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From <su...@thinkahead.net>
Subject Fw: problem !!!!
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2001 05:57:00 GMT

 Respected sir
     I want use this tool to
1)performance of the product for a particular operation using N no Users.
2)Database Spooling test
3)Regression test

        I followed the following steps in installation but i was not
successfull

Please tell me the mistake i have done during installation
 1)Downloaded the latest version ApacheJMeter_1.6.1.zip.
 2)Downloaded the jakarta-ant-1.3 version
 3)Extracted both to my same folder Jmeter as
             1)d:\jmeter\jakarta-ant
             2)d:\jmeter\jakarta-jmeter
 4)Now in Jakarta-ant I ran batch file build successfully.
 5)Now in jakarta-Jmeter i ran batch file build successfully
 6)Then in \src directory i ran make.bat succesfully.
 7)Now I in d:\jmeter\jakarta-jmeter\bin I have both Jmeter.bat &
 jmeter.properties
 8)I ran Jmeter.bat i got a menu saying Apache Jmeter But here I click on
any
 thing I get a error saying "Sorry the feature not implemented"
 In the back end I get the following error

 java.lang.NullPointerException:
         at
 org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.actionPerformed(ActionRoute
 r.java:94)
         at
 org.apache.jmeter.gui.tree.JMeterTreeListener.mousePressed(JMeterTree
 Listener.java:194)
         at
 java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mousePressed(AWTEventMulticaster.java:22
 1)
         at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:3123)
         at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Compiled Code)
         at
 java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:1726)

         at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Compiled Code)
         at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:68)

 Note:-
 1)I had set the following

path:d:\Jmeter\jakarta-ant-1.3\bin;D:\Jmeter\jakarta-ant-1.3\src\main\org\ap
 ache\tools\ant;

Classpath:D:/jdk/jre/lib/ext;d:/jdk/lib;d:/Jmeter/jakarta-jmeter/bin/ApacheJ

Meter.jar;d:/Jmeter/jakarta-jmeter/src/temp;D:\Jmeter\jakarta-ant-1.3\src\ma
 in\org\apache\tools\ant;
                 ANT_HOME=d:\Jmeter\jakarta-ant-1.3;
                 JAVA_HOME=d:\jdk;

 2)Since my machine is Windows NT i have made changes in enviroment
 variables.

 I have use this tool for testing please tell me where i have went wrong
 regarding installation.I went throug the installation in docs & did above
 installation.

 Please reply ASAP

 Thanking you
 suman