jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From giacomo <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Suggested UrlConfig Patch
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2001 19:28:26 GMT
On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Peter Molettiere wrote:

> giacomo wrote:
>
> > > 1) UrlConfig didn't support any port other than 80.
> > > Often, people run webservers on non-standard ports,
> > > such as 8080.
> >
> > Which version have you looked at? We regularly test webservers running
> > at different ports.
>

> 1.6Alpha -- the latest release. Which version are you using?
> A nightly build? The cvs source? I guess the 1.6 alpha release
> is a couple months old.

Nighly builds.

> Are you using the default web testing controller and url
> sample configuration elements included in the jar, or have
> you rolled your own?

No custom stuff. I use it out-of-the-box

> > > 2) UrlConfig didn't support passing query strings to
> > > GET urls, even if there was an Arguments object in the
> > > UrlConfig's properties.
> >
> > ??
>

> What's unclear?
>

> > > 3) UrlConfig didn't support any protocol other than
> > > http. (I'm thinking specifically about https, since
> > > it looks like ftp, etc is handled by a separate package.
> >
> > https is well supported in the 1.6 dev version (dunno about 1.5)
>

> Hard to see how this supports https, arbitrary ports, or query strings:
>
> org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.config.UrlConfig line 104:
>
> return new URL( "http", (String)properties.get(DOMAIN), 80,
>                 (String)properties.get(PATH) );

You must definitively have another version than I have. I use nightly
build and I think in there is a description how to get it working with
the https protocol. The web testing controloer as well as the url sample
offers a Port field to enter. I regularly test servlet served by Tomcat
at port 8080 and 8443 (https) and I don't have any problems. I do tests
for custom login pages with parameters and POST methods.

Giacomo