jakarta-jmeter-dev mailing list archives

From Gilbert Hamann <GHam...@descartes.com>
Subject Bug 2362: Version 1.6: https and basic authentication do not work together
Date Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:22:36 GMT
Mike,

I have successfully compiled and run with this patch. Basic authentication
works
the same under https, since SSL is a transparent layer as far as http is
concerned.

-gh

Gilbert Hamann
Architecture Verification
Descartes Systems Group
519-746-6114 ext. 2293

------- Additional Comments From Mike Stover <mailto:mstover1@apache.org>
I've put in the suggested change.  However, I don't have an https server to
test this on, and I just don't know if authorization works the same under
https
as under http.  If the original bug submitter could test this and email the
JMeter mailing list with the results, I'd appreciate it.

--- Original message from GHamann ----

If a ulr with https is entered, the basic authentication list is not
accessed.
This is in org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.AuthManager.

In getAuthHeaderForURL the code reads:
		if (!url.getProtocol().toUpperCase().equals("HTTP"))
		{
			return null;

		}

My suggested bug fix is:
		String crntProtocol = url.getProtocol().toUpperCase();

		if (!(crntProtocol.equals("HTTP") || crntProtocol.equals
("HTTPS")))
		{
			return null;
		}