jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Cronin" <Tim.Cro...@autonomy.com>
Subject RE: JCS CONFIG Help
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:29:57 GMT
Do you have sample code of how you suing the cache?

-----Original Message-----
From: Bhandari, Shweta
[mailto:Shweta.Bhandari@morganstanleysmithbarney.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 8:46 AM
To: jcs-users@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JCS CONFIG Help

Hello Everyone,

I am new to JCS and I am trying to use JCS in my webapp. All I want to
use is diskbasedcache to reduce the memory usage on tomcat server.
Looks like my parameters in ccf are wrong . I perpetually get null
pointer exception for the object which I Put in the cache. It seems like
my object is lost
Please advise.

Here are the contents of my  ccf file for your perusal
Thanks,
Shweta

jcs.default=DC
jcs.default.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttribut
es
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory
.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=50
jcs.default.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=false
jcs.default.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=10800
jcs.default.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=3600
jcs.default.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=36000
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsSpool=true
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsRemote=false
jcs.default.elementattributes.IsLateral=false

##### AUXILIARY CACHES
# Indexed Disk Cache
jcs.auxiliary.DC=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheF
actory
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.Indexe
dDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.DiskPath=/tmp/rms
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxKeySize=200000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxPurgatorySize=200000
jcs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.ClearDiskOnStartup=true
cs.auxiliary.DC.attributes.MaxRecycleBinSize=10000
________________________________
Important Notice to Recipients:

The sender of this e-mail is an employee of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
LLC. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy
all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately.
Erroneous transmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or
privilege.  Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reserves the right, to the
extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic
communications. This message is subject to terms available at the
following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers/mssbemail.html.
If you cannot access this link, please notify us by reply message and we
will send the contents to you.  By messaging with Morgan Stanley Smith
Barney you consent to the foregoing.