jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Jorge Medina <cerebrotecnolog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Key not getting cached
Date Thu, 18 Nov 2010 21:16:02 GMT
I think I have heard this problem before in the forum.

If I remember correctly, the answer is that JCS is a cache, not a
database. Do not expect the ACID properties of a database to be
provided by the cache.
You should not expect it to survive a crash, your application should
just start building the cache again as requests are served.

Some threads you may find useful:

http://markmail.org/search/?q=JCS+key+persistence+list%3Aorg.apache.jakarta.jcs-users#query:JCS%20key%20persistence%20list%3Aorg.apache.jakarta.jcs-users+page:1+mid:wpljkuc7kwbgn3hr+state:results

http://markmail.org/search/?q=JCS+key+persistence+list%3Aorg.apache.jakarta.jcs-users#query:JCS%20key%20persistence%20list%3Aorg.apache.jakarta.jcs-users+page:1+mid:tq4vkzfiebh2ak2u+state:results

-Jorge