jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Unmesh joshi <unmesh_jo...@hotmail.com>
Subject Concurrency handling in JCS
Date Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:01:59 GMT

Hi,
I was looking at JCS source and see that it still uses 'synchronized' over the whole cache
while getting and putting the value in cache. Is there anything like SelfPopulatingCache or
BlockingCache in EHCache?Synchronization on get/put is not useful for typical scenario where
client needs to check for value in cache and compute and set it only if its null. We need
to hold a lock for the complete get-test-set block.ReentrantReadWriteLock for each key, or
better yet, using lock striping can be very useful in this case. Is this kind of stuff planned
in jcs?
Thanks,Unmesh