jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Martí­n Eduardo Bradaschia <martin.bradasc...@intercomgi.net>
Subject Re: Setting shared cache
Date Tue, 22 Jun 2010 23:07:57 GMT
Hi again !

Al, thank you for your response.

What about the JDBC auxiliary ?  It would release me from setting up the
remote cache, and to create another web app for the startup, right ?

I still have a doubt, it will work like de remote cache ? I mean, when a
node stores a value, It will be visible for other caches ?

I see another little problem, de values are stored in BLOB fileds into
the database, but I will store just Doubles.

Thanx again for your time !

Martin.

El 17/06/10 03:59, Al Forbes escribió:
> Hi Martin,
>
> Sounds like you need a remote cache - each local cache updates the remote
> cache. If something is not in the local cache, then the query is sent to the
> remote cache. If the remote cache is updated, all other caches are notified
> of the update.
>
> http://jakarta.apache.org/jcs/RemoteAuxCache.html
>
> Regards
> Al
>
> 2010/6/16 Martí­n Eduardo Bradaschia<martin.bradaschia@intercomgi.net>
>

>> Hi there !
>>
>> I need some help in this scenario.
>>
>> I was using jcs to cache data in our application. It used a disk auxiliary
>> and all was going well, but now ...
>>
>> The application grew up, we have 8 nodes working in cluster now. Each node
>> calculates values (it takes about 2 minutes to calculate each value because
>> of internet access, text parsing, etc). So we need that each calculated
>> value be stored in a shared cache to avoid the same calculation in other
>> nodes. High performance is not a priority, sharing is !
>>
>> The question is   What settings would you recommend ?
>>
>> Thnx in advance !
>>
>> --
>> Martin Eduardo Bradaschia
>> Intercomgi Argentina