jakarta-jcs-users mailing list archives

From Philip Johnson <john...@hawaii.edu>
Subject Cache configuration file works under 1.3, broken under 1.3.3.5-RC
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 00:46:02 GMT
Greetings, all,

I am trying to upgrade a system of mine to use the most recent release
candidate of JCS.  Unfortunately, a unit test for my system that works
under the official JCS 1.3 release fails when using 1.3.3.5-RC. I am
hoping someone can help me understand what I am doing wrong.

Here's my cache configuration properties:

jcs.auxiliary.DC-TestExpiration=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheFactory
jcs.auxiliary.DC-TestExpiration.attributes=org.apache.jcs.auxiliary.disk.indexed.IndexedDiskCacheAttributes
jcs.auxiliary.DC-TestExpiration.attributes.DiskPath=C:\hackystat-projects\simplejcs/build/testsimplejcs
jcs.auxiliary.DC-TestExpiration.attributes.maxKeySize=1000000
jcs.default=DC
jcs.region.TestExpiration=DC-TestExpiration
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.CompositeCacheAttributes
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.DiskUsagePatternName=UPDATE
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.MaxMemoryIdleTimeSeconds=3600
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.MaxObjects=100
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.MaxSpoolPerRun=500
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.MemoryCacheName=org.apache.jcs.engine.memory.lru.LRUMemoryCache
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.ShrinkerIntervalSeconds=3600
jcs.region.TestExpiration.cacheattributes.UseMemoryShrinker=true
jcs.region.TestExpiration.elementattributes=org.apache.jcs.engine.ElementAttributes
jcs.region.TestExpiration.elementattributes.IsEternal=false
jcs.region.TestExpiration.elementattributes.MaxLifeSeconds=1

The specific error I am getting involves cache expiration.   Note that I
have configured MaxLifeSeconds to be 1 second.  Under JCS 1.3, I can add
100 elements to the cache region "TestExpiration", sleep for 2 seconds,
and find that those entries are gone.  Under JCS 1.3.3.5-RC, those entries
are still there.

The assertion that fails under JCS 1.3.3.5-RC is on line 158 of:
<http://code.google.com/p/simplejcs/source/browse/trunk/src/edu/hawaii/csdl/simplejcs/TestSimpleJcs.java>

In case you are wondering, I have been using JCS for several years in a
project of mine, and when we discovered a need for caching in a different
project, I decided to package up our customizations in one place as this
"SimpleJcs" system <http://code.google.com/p/simplejcs/> to make them more
portable.  It then occurred to me that it might be good while I was at it
to upgrade to the latest RC, which is when these problems occurred.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this issue.  If you notice any
opportunities for improvement in this code base, I am welcome to
suggestions.

Philip Johnson